Syracuse University Agreement Form
DIVISION OF STUDENT AFFAIRS
OFFICE OF STUDENT LIFE
STUDENT BILLING/COLLECTION AGREEMENT
NAME OF STUDENT: SUID #:
TERMS OF THE AGREEMENT:
1. STUDENT OBLIGATION: The Student named above will become obligated for the payment of room, meal plan, chapter dues and fees, damage assessments, fines, and other fees assessed by the Chapter to the Student.
2. BILLING AND COLLECTION: The Student and the Chapter agree to the following arrangements for the billings and collection of all fees associated with the Chapter.
a) The Chapter shall bill the Student directly for all fees owed by the Student to the Chapter.
b) The University shall enforce the right to payment of overdue billed charges in excess of $250.00 in accordance with its standard policies and procedures, including, but no limited to, the prevention of registration and cancellation of registration and the withholding of grades, transcripts, diplomas and the right to re-admission until receipt of all sums owed are paid in full. The Chapter shall maintain the right to enforce the financial hold condition until all obligations are paid in full.
c) The Chapter shall notify the University of the total amount of all fees owed by Student. The University shall be entitled to rely upon information given to it by the Chapter notwithstanding any disagreement by the Student.
3. NO OBLIGATION OF THE UNIVERSITY TO RESOLVE DISPUTES: The University has no obligation to investigate or resolve any disputes regarding outstanding fees between the Student and the Chapter.
4. RESOLUTION OF DISPUTES: The Student shall resolve with the Chapter all disputes concerning all fees owed by Student. The Student acknowledges that he or she has no recourse against the University for any inaccuracies in charges reported by the Chapter to the University for billing and collection as contemplated by this Agreement.
5. RIGHTS RETAINED BY CHAPTER: The Chapter retains all its rights to collect amounts owed to it by the Student including, but not limited to, the right to sue the Student in the event of non-payment of any charges.
6. PARENTAL NOTIFICATION: The Student grants permission for the University to disclose the terms of the Agreement to his or her parent(s) or other person(s) responsible for the billing of the student s account at the University indicated below.
7. TERM: This agreement is effective immediately as of the _____ day of , for the 2009-2010 academic year during the period beginning on July 1,2009 and ending on June 30, 2010 and it may not be terminated by the Student prior to the end of the academic year. The Student will be obligated to pay all sums owed before being released from University hold.
In consideration of the foregoing, the Student and the Chapter assent to this Agreement as of the date set forth above.
STUDENT CHAPTER ADVISOR